Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Constant Current Diode 2014-04-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Gretchev

Forum Supporter
Val Gretchev submitted a new article:

Constant Current Diode - A component that is often overlooked.

I want to discuss a component that does not get a lot of publicity in the electronics world. I am talking about the constant current diode. Perhaps some of you are not aware that there is such a device. It is certainly difficult to procure and only a few distributors carry it in stock. Mouser.com is one distributor where you may be able to obtain constant current diodes at various current values.
A constant current diode does exactly as is implied: it provides a constant current between a...

Read more about this article...

Cool stuff there. Although I haven't seen a lot of it mentioned either, the FET & resistor shown is something I like to use in circuits sometimes. It's great for its ability to charge a capacitor with a linearly increasing/decreasing voltage instead of the log curve. It makes it easy to control charge times and use voltage ramps for signal generation: triangle and sawtooth waveforms.
I think it's awesome that you can now get this function in a single diode!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back