Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Console" Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickens1127

Hello,

I am designing a PC console, so basically I'm building a gamepad with one or two push buttons. Basically, a wire goes from the gamepad to the "console", and a USB cable will go into the PC and you will run the game from your PC.

My question is, how do I turn the, let's say 3V or 9V, released by the press of a push button, into turning that into a right and left mouse click. Do I just need to wire up the wires from the button to the USB cable, or will that burn out my computer, or do I somehow have to mod a corded mouse. If possible no microcontroller. Or would it be easier to get an infared LED and reciever? Help me out! Thanks

Why not simply buy a game pad?

Although, I haven't looked, I'm sure you can get USB game pads nowadays.

Using USB isn't as simple as you've described, it's much more complicated than that.

USB Interface

You cannot simply turn it on and off. You need to understand the USB interface before you can use it.

most likely you will have switches that attach to a microProcessor and then that will communicate with your PC, or you will use an FPGA to do the same thing.

it would take you hundreds of hours to build it. You would be better off buying one at the store, its cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back