Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connector type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack0987

Is there a single row connector type that I can solder mount on a pcb board that I can push wires into like I do on a breadboard.

I wanted to get some for my prototype boards.

What are they called?

Thanks HarveyH42. That is what I have in mind, but I would like them to take square pins as well.

Anyone know of anything elde?

Look for the name 'Female headers' Many flavors :

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks externet. It was a good idea, but I have some female headers here for ribbon cable and they do not quite make it.

Like the man said, headers come in many sizes and styles. We can only guess at what you are looking for to fill your specific need. Have seen IC sockets cut in half, and used as you described, but don't think they take thick leads. There are PCB female header sockets, just keep looking. There are several manufacturers, that pretty much make just these sorts of things, huge websites, thousands of parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back