Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connector in electric kettles + electric engine question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmac

Hi everyone

Im doing a project where I design an electric citrus juicer (uni lvl), and some questions has come up in the process. Being no expert on electronics myself I hope maybe I could find some help here.

Question one is concerning the type of electrical connector often found at the bottom of electric kettles. Where you simply put down the kettle on its base and it get its power. What is this connector called and does anyone know where I can find info about them? I plan to have two of those connected in a series. So I have a base connected to the wall, then placing one part on the base and a third part (including the motor) on top of that. Does this seem like an ok thing to do? Or will I have safety issues with that?

My other question is concerning electric motors. Does anyone have a link or info about an easy way to dimension an electric motor of this kind? Basicly what I need at this point is somewhat accurate outer dimensions of the motor. From what I read its pretty common to use an universal motor for kitchen appliances. Maybe someone even knows how powerful they usually are?

basic principle of the juicer is similar to this:
**broken link removed**

Many thanks in advance!
/M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back