Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connector Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanes

Hi Guys,

A quick one here, what is this type of crimp socket called? I need these type, ie. with the closed "box" where it slides onto the pin. A good UK supplier would be nice, but a name would be good! Thanks!

**broken link removed**

There are a lot of variations on that connector. It looks like what I call the indent type. That is, the plastic plug into which it fits has a little spring loaded lever that locks it. The other type has a barb that grabs the plastic plug.

This is not identical, but is what I use for an "indent" type:
FCI | 47747-000LF | Contacts | Connectors | Newark.com I like the floating lever pressure plate of the Berg connector.
John

Last edited:
Jpanhalt, thanks. That's the kind of thing I'm after, basically I don't want these:
**broken link removed**

The plan is to use the type in my first post on their own, with heatshrink to plug directly onto the 0.1" pins without a great big plastic molex housing.

Be sure to determine whether it is retained in the housing by a spring loaded lever or by a barb on the contact. It is a very common connecter used for RC model aircraft. If you have a hobby shop nearby, they may have them. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back