• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connector identification


New Member
We've got a PoE speaker that can handle alarm inputs and alarm outputs, unfortunately I have no idea what this type of connector is called. I've look through online component catalogues and come up short. The documentation didn't even have a wiring diagram and the supplier has been less than helpful.

Does anyone here know the name?



Active Member
It's a "pluggable terminal block" or a "removable terminal block".

You need to know the pitch – spacing between pins – as a starting point. They are usually 5.0mm OR 0.2" (yes, it makes a difference) but it looks like the power block may be different than the remainder, so it might be 3.5mm.

Once you know the pitch, you need to look at pictures to find the particular type – each manufacturer uses a slightly different shape and they are not interchangeable.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles