Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connection of 8*8 relay matrix to mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.

santu

please help me i am in trouble and having no time. i am using at89c51cc03 chip , i have 64 relays , i have to connect them through 8*8 matrix to mcu , i am using 5 pin relay , so please tell me the hardware description and schematics. waiting for the answers . thanx

Oh please don't go that route. Use something like the ULN2003A darlington array driver or just plain old transistors. Relays are comparatively slow, loud, power hungry and when used in that fashion may fail early. The base of each transistor should be connected to the MCU pins through a resistor, the emitters connect to ground and the collectors go one to each row or column (depending on how your 8x8 matrix is configured).

Are you trying to close only one relay at a time (time-division-multiplexed), or are you trying to close multiple relays at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back