Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting TOUCHSCREEN AND pic16F877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

slurp.lolipop

I purchased a Panasonic Programmable Display (GT01) whic is a touchscreen device.

I would like to to connect it to a PIC16F877a.

Q1) how can i do that?

the concept is for communication between the 16F877a and GT01.
With 16F877a as the domain controlling (sending data) to the GT01 and display it out.

Please help me. I don't know what suitable protocol to use for this. USART? UART? I2C?

Moreover, the cables that are attached to the GT01 are rs232 and rs232C.

Q2) if I do not use that specific model GT01. Are there any other touchscreen connection with 16F877a projects being done before?

Hope to hear from kind electro-techians soon.

cheers,
slurp

If the display has RS232 then you need to use the UART, but check the logic levels as you may need a RS232 driver chip.

I've been using this. Its looking good..

Ian

good-day Ian,
what do you mean " but check the logic levels as you may need a RS232 driver chip."
is that a technical/condition must for uart?
cheers,
slurp

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back