Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting to PC port

Status
Not open for further replies.

magester1

Hi, i'm trying to controll a device from the Parallel Port and i'm sure this is a stupid question and i think i know the answer, but i just want to be sure.
I know that the PC's motherboard can get burnt if something goes wrong, but is it possible for anything else to get burnt? like the HDD or any other components?

Hi, i'm trying to controll a device from the Parallel Port and i'm sure this is a stupid question and i think i know the answer, but i just want to be sure.
I know that the PC's motherboard can get burnt if something goes wrong, but is it possible for anything else to get burnt? like the HDD or any other components?

hi,
Whats the device you are trying to control via the PC port.?

Last edited:
If your Pport is integrated into your Mobo then yes, you can really screw it up. Best bet is to buy a Pport plug-in card.
Also good design practice and workmanship should keep you mobo safe.

well, i don't have a specific device to connect yet. Actually, i'm new to using the parallel port to control circuits so i'll start with small things, like turning on and off LEDs, stepper motors, nothing too complicated...

what is the current limitation of the parallel port......whats the max current....can i give a set of 8 bit parallel output to the parallel port directly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back