Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting to a telephone line

Status
Not open for further replies.

srobertjames

I'd like to connect my breadboard circuit to a telephone line. I know telephone lines run 40-100V, and so I need some type of interface. I've found Telephone Line Interface Modules (DAA's) , but, it still needs some equipment on the phone end - an RJ11 connection, ferrite beads, voltage suppression.

Is there any simple end-to-end interface to the phone line that will give me an Rj11 connection on one end, and let me have access to the audio on the other?

Hi,

You can use a 10k resistor in series with a 0.1uf 200v capacitor, one set in series with each line.
The legal way i think is to use a transformer with a series cap on the line side.

If you want to work only with audio, use any audio output transformer with its 8 ohm winding in series to only one wire of the telco pair.
Then, inject/extract audio at the other winding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back