Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting Inverter Ups with a Solar Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonaldRandall

Hi! I may seem a bit dumb here but, please don't be rude. Recently I bought some solar panels for a very cheap rate. I have been thinking to use it at my office. I have this commercial inverter ups system at my office https://www.staticon.ca/product-detail/stativolt-inverter-ups-systems. How can I connect the solar panel to my inverter ups? Will the solar panels provide enough power to charge ?? Is this set-up possible? If yes, do let me know how. :)

Hi! I may seem a bit dumb here but, please don't be rude. Recently I bought some solar panels for a very cheap rate. I have been thinking to use it at my office. I have this commercial inverter ups system at my office https://www.staticon.ca/product-detail/stativolt-inverter-ups-systems. How can I connect the solar panel to my inverter ups? Will the solar panels provide enough power to charge ?? Is this set-up possible? If yes, do let me know how. :)

Hello,
How many 12V battery are there with UPS and what is rating of Solar panel?

Nice inverter system.
solar panels are typically 12v 24v and 36v
you need to match the voltage that your inverter is looks like it can be 24v and up
if you can match the voltage you just need a solar panel charge regulator hooked between the panels and the
batteries in the inverer you have.
You can get charge regulators that also convert the voltage of the panels.
they have a built in DC to DC converter. checkout solar regulators on Ebay
You need to answer misterR's question to start

By the way. I dont think the UPS inverter does anything unless the power goes out does it??
so it would not be using any juice out of the batteries for the panels to put in unless the power was off. Right? Maybee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back