Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting camera with Mobile LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I need suggestion from you that i want to connect camera of mobile or any used for robotics purpose with colorful LCD ....
Actually, i am building a device for viewing backward and forward with night vision (IR) the LCD in front of eyes...at distance of ~2/3 inches will show all scene through camera..
so, which LCD, camera and uC will it suit...?

I would go with the CMUcam: **broken link removed**

Hi,

Can't we do using high level pic and using working scarab mobile camera and LCD

If you find a camera with specs how to use it.. then it is possible to get some images. Video needs some serious processing power.

OK, Then using working old phone will better to use ...then spending time and money..
but how to remove all that unused icons information can't we operate mobile at video mode?

OK, Then using working old phone will better to use ...then spending time and money..
but how to remove all that unused icons information can't we operate mobile at video mode?

You can operate in whatever mode the hardware supports.. why do you ask me these things? What unused icons? What exactly are you trying to do?

why do you ask me these things? What unused icons? What exactly are you trying to do?

I am making a working robot like IRON MAN, any person can wear it oh head like helmet with vision on eyes...
and robotic arm using servo control...

I am making a working robot like IRON MAN, any person can wear it oh head like helmet with vision on eyes...
and robotic arm using servo control...

And you start by asking here how to get rid of some unused icons from hardware you don't care to mention?

Why don't you just buy the CMUcam and find an LCD that takes in RCA video.

the LCD in front of eyes...at distance of ~2/3 inches will show all scene through camera..

Have you ever tried to look at TV that close? Impossible. You need to have similar technology than google glasses for that.

yes, we will lookit afterward first is this possible to use mobile as video camera only??

What mobile?
Simple answer is yes, but it is not easy. I would not waste time trying to use mobile phone camera to output video on separate lcd.. very very difficult. First obstacle is that the specs for the camera are almost impossible to get. Then you would need some serious programming skills to interface the camera with a microcontroller etc. to output images on lcd.. and video.. even more difficult.

.. and if you are thinking that you could detach the lcd of the mobile phone and relocate it to 2/3 inches from the eyes while the camera is on your back.. forget that too.

There will be one camera on front of heads and one at back side of head, just for now conc. only on one camera on top of head.

and i am using ready made mobile mobile phone with its LCD and its camera no external component to make easy.

i am using ready made mobile mobile phone with its LCD and its camera no external component to make easy.

Well good luck with that "easy" solution.

Then you tell what to do??

I think you are the first one to ever try to build something like that. I am very interested to see the results, but I'm afraid I can not help you with this one.

It is great to fantasize all kinds of fancy projects and then, as the first step, come here and ask "tell me what to do?"..

I can play along while I drink the rest of my red wine here.. what mobile phone you have there that you want to use for this "iron man" project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back