Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting audio signals together

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

Hi there,

I need to connect the audio signal coming from this BT module (BT.PDF) to the WM8783 (we need to use that device for its low cost!)

I undertand about DC blocking capacitor (I intend to use ~1uF). The problem is that the BT module outputs 3 signals:
- Right
- Left
- AOM (Audio ouput comon, which is fixed at 0.9V, and should not be grounded!)

The WM8783, on the other hand, has only 2 inputs:
- Right
- Left

What is the best way to connect both devices?

Should i just ignore the audio output common (AOM)?

Here is what i intend to do, simply:
upload_2013-11-20_17-5-18.png

(MOD 2 is the BT module)

Should i put some voltage divider before the DC blocking caps, in case i need to decrease signal amplitude?

Are there some rule of thumbs i should consider or some advice you could share ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• BT.pdf
    498.2 KB · Views: 2,905
  • BT.pdf
    498.2 KB · Views: 2,836
If both chips have the same power supply/grounds, then you can probably ignore the audio common. If not, then you'll need to tie it to the input devices ground thru a resistor.

As far as dividing resistors on the inputs, depends. What's the max input allowed by the input device? What's the max output expected from the output device?

The 40mW into 32 ohm speaker in the BT spec yields about 1.1V, which is pretty close to line in/line out, so unless the input device is a massive amplifier, you're probably ok straight in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back