Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting and using an LCD module

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiring an LCD Module.

Sorry if this has nothing to do with what your trying to ask but i need some help...
Could anyone tell me how to wire up an LCD module (from a portable dvd player or something) to anything with a s-video output (red white and yellow leads) and still power it?
It is for those spy cams you see.
Thanks a lot.
Chris.

I don't know Your what is LCD model?
I think,you can put your LCD type or model to serach engin .
it like HY1602B (Hyper 1602B) with KS0065 controller compatible with HD44780
or not. i found link this

**broken link removed**

-------------------------------------------------------------
PC Interfacing Hardware With VB,VC++,C#.Delphi and Microcontroller 8051

Last edited:
You can find LCD displays for car DVD/video games for around $50, surplus. I've got two hooked up to my security cameras so I can be in different rooms. Don't know about the s-video, mine are basic video-out from a VCR.

chris161190 said:
sorry but i meen the screen from my prtable dvd player, i would like to wire it up to a spy cam...?
thanks alot
chris.

You probably can't? - there's almost certainly no composite input to it, and there may well be no RGB inputs either, it may be driven directly.

4electros said:
Hello, i need some info about Connecting and using an LCD module which might be useful in practical experiments on LCD.

At least ,general clue with all my respect!

**broken link removed**

Code:
LCD_DTPIN = PORTB.4
LCD_RSPIN = PORTB.2
LCD_ENPIN = PORTB.3
LCD_INTERFACE = 4
LCD_LINES = 2
LCD_TYPE = 0

Delayms 150
Cls

Main:

Print At 1,1, "Hello World"

While 1=1                                ' Loop for ever

Wend

Thats how easy it is with PIC Basic :eek:

ok thanks alot i have it working now! there was an av input on the dvd player so all i have to do is peminately soldier those in then put it in some form of case thanks alot guys/girls.
chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back