Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting an electrial motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

i all,

i need to know how to connect a mono phase 2BHP motor to the 230volts wall socket

the engine is made for the 230 alternating power...

but what i don't untherstand is...

i have 3 leads + an earth...

and also an huge cap..(looks like an piece of tube..)

Soow does any one knows how to connect it??

are 2 leads 230volts and one N???

or all of them L??

i'm 100% sure it isn't an 3phase engine.. (looked at the metal housing)

also i have no idea how to connect the cap to the engine,

perhaps thats something to do with it..

hope you all can help..

TKS

I would suggest the capacitor is a starting capacitor, which is also why you have three leads. You might try mentioning what colour the leads are, someone might know which ones which.

I don't know a great deal about electric motors, but I think that one wire is neutral, one is live, and the third connects to the capacitor. The other end of the capacitor connects to live, it creates a phase shift, which starts the motor moving.

On 230VAC single phase here in the states both are hot legs white and black should be 115vac to ground and 230 to each other the other wire soulds like it goes to the cap wire color would be help full so would type of motor and what ever other info you could give.

MARINE1142 said:
On 230VAC single phase here in the states both are hot legs white and black should be 115vac to ground and 230 to each other the other wire soulds like it goes to the cap wire color would be help full so would type of motor and what ever other info you could give.

That doesn't apply in Europe, we have 'proper' 230V mains, single phase - your mains is only 110/115V - the 220/230V is probably two phase?.

ok here we go...

the colours are black, brown and blue.. and ground..

Tks

i'm almost sure that nigel has the solution..

mhhh

well on the manual was a website adress

soow this is all the info i cant get..
(i have the 1,5KW version)

**broken link removed**

IF you read it a bit you will see: Capacitor start motor, FE control box required..

mhh now i read it again and i see that FE means: The use of a Franklin Electric control box offers you maintenance-free long life operation by providing high starting torque and motor protection.

Would it bee an good idea to buy one?? i think we need one..right??

i know read in an pdf that from 1,1Kw - 3,7KW i need Cap Run and Cap start..

any one ideas wich values the 2 have?? in the package came only one cap?

Tks

[Edit:]
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/06/4inchCT_1Phasen_Internet.pdf

page 30

I believe the motor will have two windings, that is 4 wires, plus two for the cap means there are internal connections already made. I suggest you temporaly connect two wires together, then connect to the mains with a large (100watt or more) lamp in series to limit the current. If nothing happens, you are connected across the cap, try a different connection. If it hums but does not turn, you are getting close but need to try again. If it turns slowly, that is the proper connection and you can take the lamp out of the circuit.

got it fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back