Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting Altera to Dac

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheetnee

I Have a group project at the moment,
and right now I have to send a square wave to a Digital to Analogue Converter and output a voltage analog signal to a waveform, connnected to an audio amplifier afterwards

I'm using a DAC MCP4922 : 12-Bit DAC with SPI™ Interface

my professor said i also need e^(t/Time Constant) and sine(x) together to make a sound , how will I do this? is there a better way than using a lookup table to output the sine function

Altera cannot compute sine functions , so how Will i solve this?
are there any sample code i can use?

Also, to use the DAC i have to interface it with the SPI, but I am new at this and i dont know where to start.
How can I test out how the DAC works?

any suggesstions and ideas i can go forward with it?

I have no background in digital to analogue converters, and I want to get some testing done by the end of this week , i would appreciate any help available

How do i get it to work

what does it mean when a DAC is 12 bit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back