Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting a PC to lcd - which cable to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avz

Hi
I have a PC with a Nvidia Gforce 7300 gt video card that has a vga connector (connected to the display) and additional two connectors - a dvi and a svideo. I would like to connect it to a lcd tv set (in addition to the disply, not instead) so that I will be able to watch movies from the PC. what is the best connection method, thaking into consideration that the tv has svideo, scart, component, vga and hdmi inputs (the films recorded are not HD)?
Thanx.

Use either HDMI or VGA, don't even consider using S-Video, it's far too poor a quality.

You really need a DVI to HDMI lead, and a VGA to VGA lead, and see which works best - I've done a LOT of computer to LCD connections, and different sets (and different computers) work best with different connections. Biggest problem is resolution and picture size, one type of connection is usually better than the other.

Thanx for your reply. if I will use a vga to vga cable, will have to diconnect the display's vga cable every time that I will connect it to the tv or there is a special connector for it?

Thanx for your reply. if I will use a vga to vga cable, will have to diconnect the display's vga cable every time that I will connect it to the tv or there is a special connector for it?

You would have to disconnect the PC's monitor if it uses the VGA socket, or use a VGA switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back