Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect nokia 3310 lcd to pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu989

Hi

Been trying to connect a graphic lcd display from a nokia 3310 mobile phone without much luck :( These are only small lcds with a 84x48 display, but can be brought pretty cheap from ebay, alot cheaper than any other graphic lcd. They work with an SPI interface and only require 1 external cap.

just wondering if anyone here has done it and if they could share their circuit or code.

the only thing i think i could be doing wrong is using a 5v supply as the data sheet does say 2.8-3.3v but i have seen circuits on a couple of websites that use 5v.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nigel: if you are reading, I think using one of these displays would make a great tutorial :wink:

Stu

stu989 said:
Hi

Been trying to connect a graphic lcd display from a nokia 3310 mobile phone without much luck :( These are only small lcds with a 84x48 display, but can be brought pretty cheap from ebay, alot cheaper than any other graphic lcd. They work with an SPI interface and only require 1 external cap.

just wondering if anyone here has done it and if they could share their circuit or code.

the only thing i think i could be doing wrong is using a 5v supply as the data sheet does say 2.8-3.3v but i have seen circuits on a couple of websites that use 5v.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Nigel: if you are reading, I think using one of these displays would make a great tutorial :wink:

I can see two major problems!.

1) Do you have the datasheet for the display, because without it live is going to be VERY difficult.

2) Presumably it requires large amounts of memory storage in the controlling device - this isn't something PIC's are very good at!.

thanks for the links, i got it working after the last time i posted, i just had the contrast set too low in the code :(

works great now, these lcds are excellent value.

Connecting nokia 3310 lcd to pic18f452

Hi

i'm doin a project on weather station usin pic 18f452. n i'm confused hw to connect lcd to pic controller. I hav a doubt whether to connect lcd 3310 directly to pic 18f452 or use dat integrated controller pcd8544 as a interface between pic n lcd. pls any one help me regarding this confusion.

thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back