Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connect Laptop LCD to my Car Radio .. Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysergicpt

Hi There before i start .. i will let u know that my english is not that Famouse , but my problem is .. i have an laptop that the board is totally screwd up . and i tought to Connect the LCD screen to my Car Radio .. that have TV - Out Connecters .. ( RCA ) my problem is that i'm a real bag in Electrions , and thats why i im asking u guys for help , the LCD have two Cables Cable 1 -- > **broken link removed** Cable 2 --> **broken link removed** , i dont even know what is the Data Cable and the Electricity Cable , well im not shure if this is the right forum to ask u this questions , but i thanks any help that u can give me about the connections, or some tuturials that u may have .. Thanks ALot

Last edited:
Do you mean to say that your "Car Radio" is also a DVD player, and has a RCA video output (usually yellow)? If the RCA connectors are only red and white, they're audio only, so there wouldn't be any video signal to output to a video screen from those.

Connecting an old screen to a DVD output sounds like a fun and useful car project. I'm sure there's someone on this forum who can give you a hand with that. Why not consider posting your images by attaching them to your messages here, so people don't have to link to download them?

If your laptop had a DVD player and the associated video hardware, and it's all still intact, it makes sense to try to recycle as much of that as possible, too. Then it would be just a matter of connecting your car's DVD output with the laptop's monitor hardware, effectively swapping your car DVD player with the laptop DVD player.

Last edited:
Unlike many people seem to think?, a computer monitor isn't a TV, and has very little in relation to one - the LCD screen from a laptop is even less like a TV, and would require extensive (and expensive) electronics to make it function as one.

Really it's not a practical idea!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back