Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confused on different P16PRO40 versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

oPiaNts

I have tried different serial port programmers but all failed with my computer.

I will be building a parallel port programmer very soon and I am looking at this PIC16PRO40 programmer. I visited Nigel's homepage () and found different versions for this programmer.
...I've been sent PCB layouts for a couple of modified versions of the P16PRO40, you can download details on how to build them, Ozipic by Martin Sniedze and P16PRO by Carlier Patrick, Carlier has offered to make small quantities of...

What would you recommend among these programmers? Should I build my own PCB layout of the original TAIT programmer or just use Ozipic or PIC16PRO?

Personally I've now used the P16PRO40 for many years, simply because it allows you to program all sizes of PIC in a single ZIF socket. Essentially they all basically the same, all are based on the enhanced version of the original David Tait design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back