Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confused by Radio licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard that there is a body called FCC that is governing the freq spectrum usage in the US. Does it apply to other countries (like malaysia) as well?

I tried searching the ITU website for information on this but i can't seem to find the table for the appropriate freq to operate.

Or am i just being dumb and i don't need to worry about this? I am currently doing just an RF toy car by the way.

Spectacular Butter said:
i heard that there is a body called FCC that is governing the freq spectrum usage in the US. Does it apply to other countries (like malaysia) as well?

I tried searching the ITU website for information on this but i can't seem to find the table for the appropriate freq to operate.

Or am i just being dumb and i don't need to worry about this? I am currently doing just an RF toy car by the way.

I presume all countries have a similar authority, certainly the UK does, although at this precise moment in time I've forgotten what it's called :lol:

It's obviously been too many years since I was a practicing radio amateur!.

Depending on the country, illegal use of an un-licenced radio transmitter can be a serious offence, from what I can remember of the UK law you can be given serious fines and even jail time, plus confiscation of all your gear!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I presume all countries have a similar authority, certainly the UK does, although at this precise moment in time I've forgotten what it's called :lol:
Radiocommunications Agency ?

In the UK the radio licencing authority now goes under the name of Ofcom.

JimB

Spectacular Butter said:

If you bought the toy car in your country, at a legal shop, I would think it does use a frequency (and power level) that is licence free.

The frequency spectrum licencing does differ from country to country, some may even forbid *any* unlicensed transmissions.

Try searching your government websites for ' radio communication frequency licensing' or maybe contact a local amateur radio operator who should be able to point you to the correct department for frequency spectrum allocations.
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back