Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Confused about setting correct ADC time on 18F2455

Status
Not open for further replies.

riccardo

Hi,

I'm getting a few glitches when I turn a pot connected to an ADC. It seems to occasionally jump to a different value. It's not electrical noise as, I have used bypass caps on the input and also checked with a scope.

I think it must be the way I am configuring the ADC, as I am shamefully not really understanding what the datasheet is telling me there. :confused:

My clock is 20MHz, I have a 1k pot between 5V and GND with the wiper pin going to the pic via a 500R resistor.

I don't really get why there is a setting for TAD and FOSC in ADCON2. If I change TAD, do I need to change FOSC too? Table 21-1 in the datasheet, makes me think I should have FOSC/16, but I'm not certain. I don't really know what to set for TAD either.

Can anyone please tell me what the setting should be or point me to a better explanation of how to do it?

Hi,

Cannot explain it all to you, but you can get the correct values by using one of the handy pic utility programs - here is one of them I use.

Attachments

• picmulticalc_v_1_3_1.zip
    118.2 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back