Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configuration Bit programming failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapan

Friends,
While programming PIC 16F676 with a programmer (Pic Flash - India made) an error message "Configuration Bit Programming Failed" shows. But if the device is erased and re-programmed, programming successful. In case of a brand new device, the result is same. What I do is first erase the new device (though the device is blank) then program it to have the result successful. The configuration bit is as below. Your comment is solicited.

swapan

__CONFIG _CP_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT

Sounds like either a faulty chip, but seeing as you mentioned you tried a brand new device, I would say it was the programmer at fault.

I use the Microchip ICD2 and have never had a problem.

As a cheaper solution I have used the Pickit 2 quite successfully.

Do you have another programmer you can try?

If the configuration bits were at fault I would have imagined that it just wouldn't run correctly, but would still program.

Alternatively, you could, in MPLAB (if this is what you use) set the configuration bits manually to see if that works?

Friends,
While programming PIC 16F676 with a programmer (Pic Flash - India made) an error message "Configuration Bit Programming Failed" shows. But if the device is erased and re-programmed, programming successful. In case of a brand new device, the result is same. What I do is first erase the new device (though the device is blank) then program it to have the result successful. The configuration bit is as below. Your comment is solicited.

swapan

__CONFIG _CP_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLRE_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT
dear swapan

can u post ctk. diagram of Pic Flash programmer - India made with opereating softwaer.
pl post sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back