Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Config bits - fuses in 16f8**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 3vO
Thank you for your help. Still I consider that explanation from data sheet shows very little. For instance, I don't know what LVP or Brown-out Reset Enable is. Data sheet shows where is it and how to enable/disable the bit but don't tell what the exact fuse is used for. I know some, for instance I know what WDT is for but not all others.

LVP is Low Voltage Programming. And Brown-out is for if the pic gets a lower voltage supply than it needs, it resets.

Here I did this today for some one else But read the data sheet to make sure there mostly the same but read yours and use this to see what you set

The data sheet tell you starting at bit 0 you want
0 at bit 0 Oscillator Selection bits
0 at bit 1 Oscillator Selection bits
0 at bit 2 0 = WDT disabled
0 at bit 3 0 = PWRT enabled
1 at bit 4 Oscillator Selection bits
0 at bit 5 0 = RA5/MCLR/VPP pin function is digital Input, MCLR internally tied to VDD
0 at bit 6 0 = BOR Reset disabled a 1 if you need this
0 at bit 7 0 = RB4/PGM is digital I/O, HV on MCLR must be used for programming++
1 at bit 8 1 = Data memory code protection off you sure want this a 1
0 at bit 9 Unimplemented: Read as ‘0’
0 at bit 10 Unimplemented: Read as ‘0’
0 at bit 11 Unimplemented: Read as ‘0’
0 at bit 12 Unimplemented: Read as ‘0’
1 at bit 13 1 = Code protection off

But if you can i would set it like this
Code:
__CONFIG _CP_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _RC_OSC & _WRT_OFF & _LVP_ON & _CPD_OFF

Less chance of setting wrong this way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back