Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conection between mouse encoder & mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehrdad1

i have a project chart please help me to do that .[/B] :rolleyes:

Attachments

• ENCODER project 1-2.pdf
    139.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
I don't think that a mobile phone is a good way of doing that. You will need some serious programming skills to get a mobile phone to read a USB mouse.

It would be far simpler to use a microcontroller and a GPS receiver.

You can interface to the photodetectors directly with the microcontroller. You can use the USART on the microcontroller to read the NMEA strings from the GPS receiver, and to transmit the data to a PC, via the serial port.

In fact, as you only need to receive data from the GPS, and you only need to transmit data to the PC, you could probably use a low end microcontroller with just one USART.

If you need to record the data at one time and send it to the PC at another time there are various ways you can do that.

You can leave the microcontroller powered with a battery or supercapacitor. In sleep mode, the power consumption is virtually nothing and all the registers keep their values.

You can store data on the EEPROM of the microcontroller, or use program memory on some microcontrollers, and then that data is retained for ever with no power.

You could write the data to an SD card or similar from the microcontroller.

I don't see why you are so keen to use a mobile phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back