Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

computer power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the psu has bit the dust i was trying different combanations of my discovery above when there was a spark and now the psu keeps ticking at me

it could be anything inside

it could be a solder joint has broken or shorted because before when i connect some pins together with would tick in the exact same way as it is now

so could you tell me for future refference what type of power supply to buy so it works straight of the bat no messign around

If you are looking to replace the PSU in a computer you plan to use then I would suggest Compaq (HP) as a starting point.

Now if you just want a PSU to use as a bench type power supply any ATX form factor PSU can easily be modified as a bench power supply. Earlier in the thread someone posted a link on how to do it.

Ron

Connect green and grey for the fan to stay ON.
Note that this will have a pulsing 12V output and is just to test ATX PS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back