Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Power Supply DC Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Good Day,

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what volatge the DC Power jack at the back of a computer is?

Some PSU units have a DC Jack outlet at the PC rear... Does anyone know what voltage it is? 5V or 12V?

Thanks.
StudentSA

I have never seen a DC power outlet jack on the rear of a PC (Home Computer). Can you post a picture? Explain in detail exactly what this jack looks like? This jack is actually on the PSU? How about can you provide the make & model of the computer? That may help. This is a desktop correct? You are not talking about the power in (jack) connector on a laptop would you?

Ron

Why don't you measure the voltage with an inexpensive multimeter??

If it is a female DC Barrel jack (may be purple) it is 12V from the PSU to power speakers. I am not sure if it is regulated and have not personally measured it with a multimeter. I guess it is regulated though. I have one on my back of my PSU case and one on my monitor

Last edited:
Yes 3lectrokid, It is the female barrel type, I have a custom device that a customer needs repaired and he use to connect it to that power jack. Thus I dont have access to thejack to measure it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back