Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Fan speed Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayan Soyza

Has anybody tried this circuit? Its an Automatic Fan Speed Controller for PC's.
Designed under a MOSFET.very simple.just adjusting the Gate Voltage through THERMOSTAT & V/R to control the Output.this works fine.I added to my PC (System Fan) & for my Amp.Here is the original link you can get more information from that........... try it.

http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?content=control.shtml

cheers :) :) :)

Attachments

• Fan speed controller.gif
    Fan speed controller.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,976
It's a horribly simple circuit.. It waste the energy it doesn't send to the fan as heat in the fet. Modern PC's use a fixed frequency PWM with a variable duty cycle to control the power getting to the fan, easy enough to do with a simple 555, and depending on the PC significantly more efficient.

Sceadwian said:
It's a horribly simple circuit.. It waste the energy it doesn't send to the fan as heat in the fet. Modern PC's use a fixed frequency PWM with a variable duty cycle to control the power getting to the fan, easy enough to do with a simple 555, and depending on the PC significantly more efficient.

Ya its correct PWM more efficient than this.but with descretes it's the only cct I found.I alredy made this 555 as usual.it's controling well.

Attachments

• PWM 555.PNG
    PWM 555.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 643
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back