Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Controlled Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebez95

I am working on a project which has one input and 24 possible outputs. I am looking to be able to select one of the 24 outputs with the one input and able to control this with my computer. I will be running about 28vdc low amperage. I would be fine with just be able to figure out the architecure with 5 v and then could step it up with transistors. Any help anyone provide would be appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• CC SWX.pdf
    92.6 KB · Views: 158
You may want to start by reading this. The 74154 is a 1 of 16 demultiplexer IC. This is a pretty common 1 of 16. You want a 1 of 24 so the way to get there is with 5 address lines (addressed by your computer) and using two 1 of 16 chips cascaded. Figure 6-33 in the link.

I would suggest you read and understand the data sheet for a 74154 and then once you understand the one of sixteen then move to using a pair of them. Four bits gets you 1 of 16 and 5 bits gets you one of 32.

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the help I have worked with a similar circuit before and I am familiar with how it works. Thanks ............ I will work on drawing something up tonight.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back