Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Controlled Router Monitor (switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannix

Hi,

I have been digging about and I'm trying to build a Computer controlled (via serial port) switch to cold boot my router should it fail to respond to ping.

Im no guru at all, I can solder with no problems but I want to make sure this is safe so need expert help :) (thats you)

It is a windows Server 2003 computer (consider it XP if you like) unless someone has already done this I will sort out the programming / ping monitor stuff when this switch actually works.

can be supplyed from the ATX molex if you like. Simple as possible would be nice.

The switch must remain ON / closed if the power fails to the monitor thing, ie if its fed from the ATX supply and the server goes down, dont want the router following it.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

A Switch

Hi,

I have been digging about and I'm trying to build a Computer controlled (via serial port) switch to cold boot my router should it fail to respond to ping.

Im no guru at all, I can solder with no problems but I want to make sure this is safe so need expert help :) (thats you)

It is a windows Server 2003 computer (consider it XP if you like) unless someone has already done this I will sort out the programming / ping monitor stuff when this switch actually works.

can be supplyed from the ATX molex if you like. Simple as possible would be nice.

The switch must remain ON / closed if the power fails to the monitor thing, ie if its fed from the ATX supply and the server goes down, dont want the router following it.

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide!
You can easily find various switches available online, a KVM Switch will resolve your problem, buying from a trusted brand is always suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back