Composite video to Image conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilton13

hi.

I would like to know how I can convert a composite video signal to frames of rgb images. I went through a couple of text book, I know how the signal works but how do I convert it? the frame rate is not important, even a 3 fps would do.

I am planning to convert it and then store it in a static ram for other purposes.(like transmitting to a different chip.)

I hope it is possible, but when I looked at the signal, I understand the processor/controller/algorithm needs to be fast enough not to miss the sync pulses.

thanks!!

If you want to store the images in color, that's a complex task. You need a color demodulator to derive the three primary color signals from the composite signal. Then you combine those with the luminance (B&W) video signal to generate the three RGB signals. Then you sync an A/D converter with the video to generate digitized RGB video values. Then you put the digitized video in a file format that can be read by the computer as a picture.

All in all, unless you plan on devoting a great deal of time to learn about analog and digital circuit design ("went through a couple of text books" isn't going to do it), and to design and test the circuit, it makes much more sense to buy a video frame grabber card, which is made by several companies, for example http://www.pixelsmart.com/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…