Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

components stores in france

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

hello, i have some adresses and websites of stores in france for electronic components..

however i have a complaint... PRICE!!

as i said in another thread i am willing to move to france, and components here in egypt are MUCH cheaper.. i never imagined that a 2N2222 transistor in france would cost exactly as a 89S52 uC in egypt!!

anyway, if anybody knows good stores with better prices let me know.. or maybe a store that sells in quantities..

also, if anybody is willing to go in Egypt anytime soon, i can show him a place where components are soooo cheap.. (i allways though electronic stuff would be more expensive in a 'still developing' country like mine!)

Are you talking about local stores? Or web order stores? I order all my stuff from the web except when I'm missing one or two parts where the shipping isn't worth it.

Maybe you should stock up before you move? Buy a ton of the basic components you know you will need in the future?

dknguyen said:
Are you talking about local stores? Or web order stores? I order all my stuff from the web except when I'm missing one or two parts where the shipping isn't worth it.

Maybe you should stock up before you move? Buy a ton of the basic components you know you will need in the future?

If they are that much cheaper take a HUGE load with you and sell them in France!.

on1aag said:
Hi Ikalogic,

Here's a link to a large component supplier who sells around the world
and probably beyond:

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp

Here's a link to my local candystore:

http://www.rato.be/nl/index_nl.html

I think I'm gonna move to Egypt and buy myself a young wife for seven
camels.
On second thoughts five camels will be more than enough for a wife. :D

on1aag.

loooollllllllllllllll :D but you've got the wrong idea about mariage in egypt! maybe transistors are cheaper, but to get married, you need to pay her father about the price of 2 cars... (it's 2007. no more camels), and need to have a car on your own, have a descent job (doctor/engineer), have a decent apprtment in central cairo.... :D .. plus egyptian gurls are not worth all that! i'm telling you! :D

Nigel, i would buy a big quantity of uC, transistors, and components.. but.. isn't that illegal? you know with my arabian face, i usualy get squezed and fetched at places like ariports! :D what if they find something like 5 Kg of electronic components with me.,? i guess they will think i am AlQuaida delvery man, to supply european branches with the components needed to construct timed explosives :D :D

Oh and i also get asked that stupid ironic question "does anyone that you don't know, gave you something?" !!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: sorry Nigel if i got a litle off topic here.. :)

Last edited:
Why don't you check out my store. I have good priced surplus and new parts, have been selling to customers in France and last week I started DigiKey Pooling - access to Canadian DigiKey inventory without paying their excessive handling fees.

I've used eBay before to get a ZIF socket. I didn't go with the cheapest supplier, I chose the one with the highest rating and lives in the UK.

Hero999 said:
I've used eBay before to get a ZIF socket. I didn't go with the cheapest supplier, I chose the one with the highest rating and lives in the UK.

I've done that before, and most of the ZIFs I've bought have been really poor quality copies :(

I wouldn't know whether the one I've bought is alright or not but it looks reasonable quality. The gold plated contacts must at least be real as it has been lying around in the moist British air for awhile and it hasn't tarnished.

I'm not living in France, but on the abcélectronique and FSGénération forum i saw **broken link removed**
few times... I can't tell how great it is.

I guess it would worth to have a look there.

Bonne Chance (Good luck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back