Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Components order

Status
Not open for further replies.

muska

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my English :)

I'm starting to read about electronic, and I've seen lots of differents schemas.

Let's take the basic exemple of a battery connected to a LED and a resistor.

Sometime the schema is like :

+ LED resistor -

Sometime it's like :

+ resistor LED -

The order doesn't matter because it take all the current/resistance as a whole total rather than doing it each component after each component ?

I hope my question is clear.

Thank you

muska

The order doesn't matter because it take all the current/resistance as a whole total rather than doing it each component after each component ?

That is correct and the question comes up frequently. Long as the LED polarity is correct it matters not where the series resistor is placed. Be it anode or cathode side of the LED.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back