Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Components keep falling off !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mstechca said:
TAPE is not a recommended item for holding components, especially when heat is close to them. Tape is not designed for hot environments.
I don't use "duck" tape nor "electrical" tape. I use green painter's tape that works fine with my temperature-controlled soldering iron.

I do as others do, which is soldering from the lowest profile upwards. In addition, I find a sponge quite useful in such situations.

I actually use ordinary sticky tape, and I cut the leads very short before soldering. I put a lot of parts on at once, but do wires and annoying bits afterwards. Once though, the tape melted in a fine layer onto a XLR plug I was soldering, and that actually stopped it from working until I noticed it and sanded it off :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back