Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Components in PSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

muashr

Hi,

I have a question regarding discrete components (e.g. transistors, diodes etc.) available in Lite/Demo version of PSpice 16.6.

And the question is whether or not there are components in PSpice which are commercially available.

Since, I have to work with transistor like BC 140 I want to know how closely the PSpice model components resemble in functioning with the actual components.

Also, is there any way to change parameters of transistor available in PSpice such that its functioning resembles the actual one?

Lastly, a number of similar transistor or diode or ground models are available and therefore I need an advice in choosing the correct one for the simulation?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question regarding discrete components (e.g. transistors, diodes etc.) available in Lite/Demo version of PSpice 16.6.

And the question is whether or not there are components in PSpice which are commercially available.

You'll have to review the pspice libraries for specific devices.

Since, I have to work with transistor like BC 140 I want to know how closely the PSpice model components resemble in functioning with the actual components.

This depends on the model supplier, some devices are better modeled then others. You'll have to test the model
yourself while looking for specific performance requirements.

Also, is there any way to change parameters of transistor available in PSpice such that its functioning resembles the actual one?

I don't use pspice, but most spice compatible programs allow you to place .model statements on the schematic
to specify specific paramters.

example

.model MY2N2222 NPN (bf=30)

Lastly, a number of similar transistor or diode or ground models are available and therefore I need an advice in choosing the correct one for the simulation?

Thanks

Checkout the LTSpice group at groups.yahoo.com.
It is an LTSpice (PSpice compatible) focus group but you can post general spice questions.

eT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back