Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component Identification Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Directlinq

Hi
I have been scouring the net for hours trying to identify a couple of components and wondered if anybody would be so kind to help me out. The first one is green, It looks just like a very large resistor, is it some sort of power resistor. The coding on it, if it is a resistor is 38 ohm.
Orange, Grey, Black, Gold.
**broken link removed**

Could somebody please tell me if it is this or not and how do i find out what watt it is?

And this one, i think its a capacitor or a thermistor.
**broken link removed**

These are from a dishwasher power board if that is any help.

Many Thanks

Hi, Directlinq. Welcome to ETO :)
The first one appears to be an inductor--38uH. The second one could be a MOV, a capacitor, etc. It is difficult to tell without being able to see the markings very well.
Der Strom

Hi, the firt one looks like a wire wound resistor but could be an inductor?

The second looks like an MOV,

do you have a pic of the whole board so i can see where they sit on the board?

Full circuit.

Here is the full circuit thank you for help

**broken link removed**

if this is a 38ohm wire wound resistor where could i purchase one as i have looked at farnell, rs components, and rapidelectronics and nowhere sells them.

Many Thanks

Okay, the first one does appear to be a 38 ohm wire-wound resistor--A bit like this one:
**broken link removed**
You may be able to salvage one out of old electronics, though it would be a good idea to check it with a multimeter to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.

Could anybody help me identify the blue component with the darker blue mark on it. The markings on it are 222k 1kv 54. I have been searching for those markings but have been unable to find anything of relevance.

**broken link removed**[/IMG]

I hope somebody can help
Many Thanks

Could anybody help me identify the blue component with the darker blue mark on it. The markings on it are 222k 1kv 54. I have been searching for those markings but have been unable to find anything of relevance. I hope somebody can help
Many Thanks

Yes, that helps a lot more. That means it is a 2200pF, 1kV capacitor. Not sure about the 54, though. That may represent a capacitor type or temperature rating.
Der Strom

Hi
I have been advised that the most likely culprit for blowing the resistor, capacitor etc is the low-power off-line switching device, black chip to the left of the mini transformer. Does anybody have any opinions on this or think another component could be at fault.

Thanks for everybodys input, im learning a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back