Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

codan

Hi,

Can someone identify this component is please, it was on a 6v DC lead acid battery--positive + -- side.

Voltage regulator maybe?

Thank You

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    293.9 KB · Views: 418
Gayan Soyza said:
Thats what we are also searching what part is it ?a zenner? regulator? etc....? :D

But Google showed me that is a capacitor.

Do you know why a capacitor would be used on this :confused:

Hi,

Can someone identify this component is please, it was on a 6v DC lead acid battery--positive + -- side.

Voltage regulator maybe?

Thank You

I read that it is a weird poly switch (ptc) that provided some protection and a slow (rise) voltage on to the metal detector.
In line...I understand it prevents an in rush of current that could blow the fets.

it's a thermal switch. i see them often on open-frame switching supplies. they tend to go bad a lot. if it reads open circuit it's bad.

HI
This is a thermal switch. It will open circuit when the temperature rises above the value of the device but will revert back to the closed circuit position when the temperature cools down below this temperature.

I concurr I've seen similar things on ups's, sometimes they are the type that dont reset you have to replace them.

I recognize your avatar cody, off a nixie tube web site...maybe just a coincidence.

Last edited:
Thank you all for taking the time.

Really I appreciate it.

I thought it was a thermal switch, but someone said it possessed magical powers that prevented an inrush of current too. It measured a dead short until I exposed it to a heavy load and read open.

Thank you again. Its part number turns up nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back