Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Component ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.BO

Hi All,
I'm having trouble ID'ing an IC and was hoping some of you seasoned engineers and techs could help me out. U7 is the part in question; I have also attached a schematic to better help understand. I've tried all the code lookup sheets I could find and have gotten close, but I don't think I'm there yet. I thought I had it at (MAX3371EXT+T) but Vcc doesn't line up and the top marking is wrong. U5 is the 8-bit DAC, U4 is the Dual Buffer Gate, and U1 is the Dual VFB Op-Amp. I'm starting to think it might be a switch of some sort, but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated; if you have further question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

• 20210422_103457.jpg
    20210422_103457.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 221
  • Component ID.PNG
    Component ID.PNG
    71.3 KB · Views: 218
Not sure if that is ABV or A8V. Only thing I can find with A8* marking with similar pinout is the RT9011 by Richtek.
There is also a diode bridge called HSMS-280x. You should be able to determine if is it all diodes, or a regulator with multimeter diode tests.

rjenkinsgb,
I was beginning to think it's a switch as well. sagor1, it is definitley ABV, I have a really good microscope here at work with plenty of Isopropyl for cleaning lol. They might be one of those switch IC's, but shouldn't I get continuity on the Normally Closed (NC) leg with COM input leg? Essentially, continuity between leg 3 and 4, or do you think that switch arm floats in a power off condition?

rjenkinsgb,
I was beginning to think it's a switch as well. sagor1, it is definitley ABV, I have a really good microscope here at work with plenty of Isopropyl for cleaning lol. They might be one of those switch IC's, but shouldn't I get continuity on the Normally Closed (NC) leg with COM input leg? Essentially, continuity between leg 3 and 4, or do you think that switch arm floats in a power off condition?

I would certainly imagine so - you can't test a switch IC with no power or control signals.

Alright guys, I'm definitley thinking switch now. I powered it up and I have continuity between 3 & 4 as advertised. Thanks for the help ALL, I love this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back