Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Complete n00b question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barlow

Hi guys.

I'm building my own LED bulbs and want to seal the bulb case.
Is there a resin/paste/sealant that sets hard I can use
Or any suggestions?

Cheers:)

Hi,

I would use a 2 pack epoxy resin. It comes in 2 tubes, you mix equal parts of each, and it starts to set within about 5 mins or so. You can get a 'clear' version which sets completely clear. There may be other types of adhesive which are suitable, but this sets fast so you don't have to hold it in place for a long time.
The other option would be to use RTV silicone, but again, this takes a while to set, and should not be used in contact with circuit/solder joints etc since it releases acetic acid during drying.

blueroomelectronics said:
Why would anyone build their own LEDs? How would you dope them? Would they even work?

The guy said he was building his own led BULBS, I assume he meant building 'replacement' bulbs using led's (ie. so that he can do a direct swap bulb for led's)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back