Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparison between PIC BASIC Compilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

languer

I would like to ask if anyone had comparisons/opinions between the following Basic Compilers for PICs?
> mikrobasic Pro
> Swordfish Basic
> Proton PDS

I currently use CCS and Oshonsoft, but have a mild interest in one of the above.

TIA

Swordfish is really great I like it but it's only for 18f chips

Proton is ok if you like top down compilers

I am using PicBasic Pro. Works with PIC10F through PIC18F.
A number of forum users use SwordFish or PciBasic Pro.

I Like PicBasic Pro have a copy of 2.50 i like it because I started using Pbasic on the stamp before I switched to the Pic-micro and it's setup to use the same code style.

But swordfish Rocks on the 18F chips .

I agree with both be80be and ronsimpson, Swordfish is a great compiler with great support, but restricted to 18F's. PicBasicPro has great support and supports 10-18F. I have both and have no gripes with either.
MikroE support sucks, and the compiler is not very efficent, at least with the AVR version, I suspect the PIC version shares the same traits.It would be tough to build good solid compilers using several lanuages and uC's like MikroE is attempting to do. As an example of the support, if you're using CCS and visit the CCS forums you will most likely recall MikroE users frequenting the CCS forum seeking support. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back