Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparing two temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry In Maine

I'd like to compare two temps using an op amp and two thermistors.
When temp 'A' is higher than 'B' I'd like to turn on a fan, which will run until temps at 'A' & 'B' are equal.

I've learned enough to know that some feededback is needed to establish hysterisis in order to keep the circuit from "chattering", and I'd like to make this adjustable.

Curious if someone could help me out with this aspect of the circuit.

Thanks

Attachments

• thermo_1.JPG
    thermo_1.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 112
I'd like to compare two temps using an op amp and two thermistors.
When temp 'A' is higher than 'B' I'd like to turn on a fan, which will run until temps at 'A' & 'B' are equal.

I've learned enough to know that some feededback is needed to establish hysterisis in order to keep the circuit from "chattering", and I'd like to make this adjustable.

Curious if someone could help me out with this aspect of the circuit.

Thanks

hi,
As Nigel says, add some hysteresis.:)

Attachments

• thermo_1.JPG
    thermo_1.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 117
But "hysteresis" is such a complicated sounding word...how can the implementation be so simple? ;)

Thanks...I thought there'd be more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back