Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compare threshold voltages of NMOS and PMOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickagian

Hi!

I would like to ask a question. I have generally seen from practice that the PMOS have larger (absolute) values of threshold voltage than the NMOS devices. Can this be explained by physics? Taking also into account the fabrication process (meaning that there are some differences between constructing a PMOS and an NMOS transistor.

thank you in advance!

Nikos

The majority hole carriers in P material have a lower mobility (move more slowly for a given electric field) then the majority electron carriers in N material so that likely is a factor, but beyond that I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back