Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

Hi. I was trying to choose between the 16F877 and the 16F877A. I just don't understand the comparator additional feature in the 16F877A. Doesn't the 16F877 have a CCP module (that includes a comparator). thanks

YAN-1 said:
Hi. I was trying to choose between the 16F877 and the 16F877A. I just don't understand the comparator additional feature in the 16F877A. Doesn't the 16F877 have a CCP module (that includes a comparator). thanks
This is A's Additional function (Analog Comparator - mostly it's not used). If you are designing new project, head to A version!

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I get this. If I want to compare 2 analog voltages, can't I use the CCP module in the 16F877?

Oh I see :oops:. I feel stupid!
But if I use the comparator module of the 16F877A, can I still use the A/D module in the same PIC? I am asking because they both seem to use RA2 and RA3 as their references. Thanks.

YAN-1 said:
Oh I see :oops:. I feel stupid!
But if I use the comparator module of the 16F877A, can I still use the A/D module in the same PIC? I am asking because they both seem to use RA2 and RA3 as their references. Thanks.
You can use both A/D and Comparators at once. A/D will give you Absolute value and Comparator will just signalise which one is greater...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back