Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeggyman

I have a quick question about how comparators work. I just bought a quad comparator from Radio Shack (part number 276-1712) and I want to make sure I understand how it works. The 14 pin set up is as follows.
Pin 1: Output 2
Pin 2: Output 1
Pin 3: V+
Pin 4: Input 1-
Pin 5: Input 1+
Pin 6: Input 2-
Pin 7: Input 2+
Pin 8: Input 4-
Pin 9: Input 4+
Pin 10: Input 3-
Pin 11: Input 3+
Pin 12: Input GND
Pin 13: Output 3
Pin 14: Output 4

I'm not quite sure what I have to do if I want to compare two voltages and what happens when I do hook them up to the comparatpr (i.e. what does the output do to show me which voltage is higher). If anyone could give me just a quick crash course in how this comparator works I would appreciate it very much, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back