Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator output sink current (open drain and pushpull output)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the max sink and source currents of the outputs will be listed in the data sheets for that device.

yes, it is included on the data sheet however i am after the test set-up? its more of knowing how it is tested.. with that, i can check if varying the supply voltage will have an effect on the value of the output sink current..

I doubt that there is any way of measuring that externally to the IC.

The manufacturers rated maximum current is probably a calculated value based on the power dissipation of the transistor and/or traces on the die.

You could get 100 devices and run them till they blow and work out an average, expensive way of doing it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back