Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

comparator help

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsh

hi . i am using LM339 as a comparator. in + terminal i provide a voltage which is coming from the emitter of transistor BC548.the - terminal has 5 V. but this circuit is given error.when i use a multimeter and test the voltage between + terminal and gnd, the output becomes low. so anyone please help.

Hi darsh,

a schematic or at least a wiring diagram would be helpful.

BTW measuring at the emitter of a BC548 I only expect logic zero (L).

Boncuk

schematics

hi. i have attached the circuit. sorry i have not made it properly.
here my idea is that when the light of led does not fall on the LDR , the emitter output is high(2.5 V). so comparator will compare it with 1.5 V and result is Vcc. now when light falls on LDR, its resistance is decreased and emitter output is low(0.7 V). so my comparator will give 0 V as output.
now the problem is that when the +ve and -ve wires of multimeter are touched to output pin 2 and gnd to measure voltage, the output changes suddenly.the high output becomes low.

Attachments

• 100_0416.jpg
    100_0416.jpg
    780.8 KB · Views: 163
hi. i have attached the circuit. sorry i have not made it properly.
here my idea is that when the light of led does not fall on the LDR , the emitter output is high(2.5 V). so comparator will compare it with 1.5 V and result is Vcc. now when light falls on LDR, its resistance is decreased and emitter output is low(0.7 V). so my comparator will give 0 V as output.
now the problem is that when the +ve and -ve wires of multimeter are touched to output pin 2 and gnd to measure voltage, the output changes suddenly.the high output becomes low.

hi,
Connect a resistor from the transistor emitter to ground [0v]
A value of about 1K thru 4K7 should give a acceptable voltage change at +Vcomp.

Attachments

• 100_0416.jpg
    100_0416.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
And set a ref voltage on pin 4.

Xmas was great, How about you? Oh, I thought the drawing said 1-5 volts. After zooming in I see you are correct. Oops.

hi Mike, Hope you are enjoying your Xmas...;)

The OP has +1.5V on pin#4.

My wife bought me a workout machine. Do you think she is trying to tell me something? :eek:

My wife bought me a workout machine. Do you think she is trying to tell me something? :eek:

There are two possibilities,
she is either trying to tire you out ..;)

or build you up, after all it is Xmas.:rolleyes:

Does the machine have a PIC .?

Does the machine have a PIC .?

If it did, then I might be able to crack it and say, see honey, 500 reps :)

Oh, that, never tried before. Does not work with Ie, tried with Firefox but everyone left.

On the chat now... Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back