Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator for feedback(headphone amplifier)..help needed urgently plz.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

abha

So i am making an amplifier that should run on positive and negative rail. I am having problems in its feedback design.

I wanted to use lm311 for comparing the square wave signal (10Hz, I know this is a low frequency but I have to use this since I am using lm358, that works best at low freq)(from +vdd to -vdd) and the saw tooth coming from 74hc14(100KHz). But it totally failed for some reason. I think it cannot compare differential outputs. I was giving signal in pin2 and the saw tooth wave to pin3, also I put 1 k pull up resistor at pin 7. The o/p I got did not have saw tooth signal filled in the the square wave. It was just a simple square wave.

Since this did not work, I tried using lm358. The o/p it is giving me now is correct but it is not centered at zero instead it is centered at 2.5v where the saw tooth is centered.

So please I want a solution for comparing saw tooth (exactly centered on +vdd) with the square wave signal(+vdd to -vdd). The o/p should be a square input (filled with saw tooth wave) to drive the ir2125's to run mosfets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back