Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Comparator circuit + OP Amp 741 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussain

Hi guys ...

This is my first post , and I seek some help ....;)

I'm building a comparator circuit , and it's working perfect . The signal of the of the output goes to trigger a coil of relay. Unfortunately , the signal is not enough to energize the coil !!!!:confused:

I have been advised to install another circuit as OP amplifier with BC 337 connected with a resistor 100Ω . I tried it last night , but it still won't work .>>>:mad:

What shall I do bro ...

Waiting u ........

I tried the circuit , but it did not work as i want ....

The comparator circuit works fine with the set point of potentiometer , however, if i connect the OP / AMP 337 , the coil is energized as soon as switch on the circuit .....and it can not be controlled with the pot.

notice that the LED still showing that it varies proportionally with the pot.

How can I control the energization of the coil with my pot.?????

See the attached picture , it shows the connection of my circuit ....

Please help me ASAP

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,383
If you are doing this circuit for demo, connect an LED (Lower load). and if it is made to drive the Relay coil, no need for another 741, a proper transistor will do the job. In my case i'm using 2n2222a.

As you're using a split supply, the emitter of the transistor needs to go to the negative supply, check the link I posted which has exactly what you're trying to do.

It's also absolutely essential to have a diode across the relay.

aljamri , thanks for ur commens .... yest I'm using the circuit for to drive a relay coil .

Mr. Nigel . . .

I connect the circuit as shown in the link ....except the diode that I'm going to install tomorrow ....

You have mentioned that the emettier has to be connected in the negative supply !! I connect it to the GND !! Isn't that enough ???

Is negative -12 Vdc?? or the GND can be considered as Lower potential source??

The 741 opamp is shown as an inverter. So its output will always be negative which will always turn off the transistor.

I think the transistor is shorted because it powered the relay coil without the protection diode.

Mr. Nigel ... Thanx alot ... it works now !!

Mr. Audiofuru .... You are 100 %right , when I troubleshooted the circuit , I found that the transistor was shorted .....!!

Now .... is working fine .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back