Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Communicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard

Hi,

the below link is about making a 'laser communicator':
Chapter 7: Light and Optics
After looking at it, I thought, now that i am playing with ultrasonics so it is better to go and do the same job with ultrasonics sensors.

Wanted to know if it is possible to transmit a 1.5khZ beep sound via an ultrasonic sensor(40kHz)? My sensor's bandwidth is almost 3kHz so there would not be any problem caused by bandwidth for that 1.5 kHz signal. I want to send it by the the T sensor and then receive it by R sensor and finally hear that 1.5kHz by a headphone.
The problem is that I don't know the ways to do so?

Thanks for any help.

The only way I know is modulating that 1.5kHz signal with a 40kHz as based frequency and then demodulate it in the receiver(i.e R sensor circuitry)
Do you know another way doing the job?
which kind of modulation is the best to go for?

Last edited:
FM modulation is best but is difficult.
AM modulation is easy but is affected by imterference.

The light comm unit will have better distance. Usonic is very limited in range. You could just yell, "Hey you" with as good range.

FM modulation is best but is difficult.
AM modulation is easy but is affected by imterference.

According to FM don't you think a chip is able to do it easily?
So why it would be difficult?

What do you mean by interference? Interference with what?
Do you think the only way is 'modulation' like I do?

For AM do I need a certain chip modulator? or a transformer will do it for me(like the link)

Thanks

The light comm unit will have better distance. Usonic is very limited in range. You could just yell, "Hey you" with as good range.

I know that light is much better but I like to do it to learn more and more.

I have done it by 'light', 'electromagnetics(FM transmitters)' and now like to do it by 'mechanical' waves(i.e ultrasound).

According to FM don't you think a chip is able to do it easily?
So why it would be difficult?
What do you mean by interference? Interference with what?
An AM detector is just a diode and a small capacitor. But flashes of light and bursts of IR (sunlight) cause interference with IR AM.
An FM detector is the phase detector of a CD4046 phase-locked-loop IC.

An AM modulator is a simple transformer or a transistor.
An FM modulator is a voltage-controlled-oscillator in a CD4046 phase-locked -loop IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back