Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

communications project

Status
Not open for further replies.

throwedaudio

lookin for a simple communication project for college,i go to louisiana tech,and we have to do a project on communications.cant really find one,please help,

You've not given us much to go on. Communications is a really broad description.

A fellow hobbyist in my area has experimented with laser communication via clouds, buildings, etc. Laser illuminates the cloud or building and the "listener's" equipment has to see it and pull a signal out of all the noise. As far as I know the process is limited to CW or variations of things like PSK31 (really slow digital communication). Requires knowledge of lasers, some optics and signal processing. Might be something different.

FYI- I'd avoid aircraft. While obvious easy reflector, people have already been jailed for interfering w/pilots.

MaKe a digital communication system, some sort of software defined radio. Those are fun. Incoprorate some type of compression scheme, error correction, and possibly some psuedo random spreading sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back